Introduction


Hello there! My name is Dani Shapiro and I am a passionate, hardworking, and cheerful first grade teacher in Irvine, CA. I love teaching primary students because their enthusiasm, energy, and love of learning exudes from their smiling faces, and seeing their growth not simply at the end of the year, but even from day to day, is exciting and incredibly rewarding.

I believe that the purpose of education is to provide a safe, inviting environment rich with opportunities for academic and social-emotional growth.  Students learn best when given the ability and freedom to learn not simply with equity, but with liberation, learning how to break down any barriers that stand between them and their success. My goal as an educator is to always give students the opportunity to learn in the best possible way to meet their needs, exceed their goals, and to give them the comfort and freedom to learn and grow from their mistakes, without fear of failure.

Comments